In-home support options for older people and carers
You're invited to a Seniors Festival Forum
Earlier this year Federal Government changes to Home Care Packages came into effect. These change the way in-home Aged Care supports are delivered, giving consumers greater choice and control over the services they receive.
As part of the 2017 Victorian Seniors Festival, Uniting lifeAssist is holding a FREE forum event and morning tea.
This forum will aim to inform seniors and their families of the changes to Home Care Packages, available supports for carers of older people, along with other government-funded and self-funded services.
After a brief presentation about available options, you will be able to have one-on-one conversations with our staff about the in-home support available to you or someone you need.
Experts will discuss many topics, including:
- Government-funded options for assistance in your home, ranging from short-term to long term options
- Homecare packages – what the February 2017 changes mean, how to access a package and more
- What to look for when choosing a service provider
- Self-funded options - to compliment Home Care Packages, or as an alternative
- Other program and service options available
- The options available to support people who provide unpaid care for people aged 65 years and older