Free information sessions hit the mark
Over the past two months, we held a series of free forums titled: "Changes in Aged Care - what older people need to know", discussing the Federal Government changes to Home Care Packages.
On February 27, these Federal Government changes to Home Care Packages came into effect. These change the way in-home Aged Care supports are delivered.
We discussed these changes at our five forums held in Chirnside Park, Doncaster, Rowville, Caulfield and Glen Waverley respectively. The Caulfield presentation was held in conjunction with UnitingCare Prahran Mission.
These popular events informed people of the changes to Home Care Packages, carer supports and other government-funded and self-funded services. There was much interest in the event, with many seniors staying after the presentation to have one-on-one conversations with our staff about the in-home support available to them.
We discussed many topics, including:
- Government-funded options for assistance in your home, ranging from short-term to long term options
- Homecare packages – what the February 2017 changes mean, how to access a package and more
- Self-funded options - to compliment Home Care Packages, or as an alternative
- Other programs and services which may be worth considering
- The support available for people who provide unpaid care for people 65 years and older
If you missed out on attending one of our free forums in January-March, we will be holding further forums in the coming months, including:
- Tuesday May 23rd, 6.30pm at The Whitehorse Centre, Nunawading
- Tuesday June 27th, 10.00am at the Hawthorn Arts Centre, Hawthorn.
- To book to attend either of FREE these forums, please call 1300 ASSIST (1300-277-478)