When is the NDIS coming to my area?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a big change for people with disability, carers and families. It is being introduced in stages over three years.
UnitingCare lifeAssist works in the Barwon, north-east Melbourne and Central Highlands regions where the NDIS is currently available. We also support participants who have been selected for early entry into the scheme in Melbourne’s eastern and southern suburbs. The UnitingCare network of agencies provide support right across Victoria.
The NDIS is currently available in:
1 July 2013: Barwon (Greater Geelong, Colac Otway, Surf Coast, Queenscliff)
1 July 2016: North East Melbourne (Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik, Whittlesea, Yarra)
- 1 January 2017: Central Highlands (Ararat, Ballarat, Golden Plains, Hepburn, Moorabool, Pyrenees)
The NDIS will be rolled out across Victoria from:
- 1 May 2017 in Loddon (Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Greater Bendigo, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mount Alexander)
- 1 October 2017 in Ovens Murray (Alpine, Benalla, Indigo, Mansfield, Towong, Wangaratta, Wodonga)
- 1 October 2017 in Inner Gippsland (Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe, South Gippsland)
- 1 October 2017 in Wimmera South West (Corangamite, Glenelg, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Moyne, Northern Grampians, Southern Grampians, Warrnambool, West Wimmera, Yarriambiack)
- 1 November 2017 in Inner Eastern Melbourne (Boroondara, Manningham, Monash, Whitehorse)
- 1 November 2017 in Outer Eastern Melbourne (Knox, Maroondah, Yarra Ranges)
- 1 March 2018 in Hume and Moreland
- 1 April 2018 in Bayside Peninsula (Bayside, Frankston, Glen Eira, Kingston, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip, Stonnington)
- 1 September 2018 in Southern Melbourne (Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong)
- 1 October 2018 in Brimbank and Melton
- 1 October 2018 in Western Melbourne (Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Wyndham)
- 1 July 2019 in the Mallee (Buloke, Gannawarra, Mildura, Swan Hill)
- 1 July 2019 in Goulburn (Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Moira, Murrindindi, Strathbogie)
- 1 July 2019 in Outer Gippsland (East Gippsland, Wellington)
Phone: 1300 ASSIST (1300 277 478) and ask for the NDIS team
For further information about the NDIS in Victoria, visit the NDIS website.